Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Spotlight

Basics

What is your age and physical description?
26, 5’7”, longish brown hair and brown eyes

Where were you born and where are you now?
Colorado, Minneapolis

What do you do for a living?
I’m a Mom and teach early childhood music part-time

What is your favorite and least favorite color?
Sky blue, grey

Did you go to college and get a degree, If so, where & what?
Michigan State University, Music Education

How many children do you have? How old are they?
Two, ages two and 8 months

What’s your favorite and least favorite food?
Ice cream, Cold shrimp

Are you right or left handed?
right

Do you play any instruments?
piano

What are your hobbies?
Blogging, cooking, running, singing, home video editing

Make You Think...

What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I wanted to be a librarian

What is your biggest fear?
Losing someone I love

Who has touched your life and influenced you the most and why?
My mom

If you could accomplish just one thing with your life, what would that be and why?
I don’t know if I can answer this one, I always have like 20 million goals in my head at one time, but if my children all go through the temple, that will be pretty much awesome.

What is your worst habit and if you could quit it, would you?
I drink Diet Coke with lime (very much in moderation, but still, I probably am a little addicted), I want to quit but it’s a nice treat late afternoon when my mothering energy is spent. Also, I can not say no to a chocolate chip cookie. I don’t plan on quitting either anytime soon.

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Who would play your husband?
Sandra Bullock and a bald Tom Hanks. I picked Sandra because she is often clumsy in her movies and a handful of people have told me I look a bit like her. Tom Hanks just seems so huggable and he’s just totally classic. My husband shaves his head and he’s HOT!

What songs would make up the soundtrack of your life and why?
I love Jazz standards, I don’t have a good reason for why it would be my soundtrack, but that would be so fun as my life soundtrack

If you could meet any one person in history, who would it be, and why?
Martin Luther King, Jr. That guy has just been my hero since I was like 10.

If you lost everything you have tomorrow, what three things would you save and why?
My photo CDs, journals, and my file with all of my important papers

What is your favorite quote and why?
“If it’s free, it’s for me!” My friend Julianne taught me that one. I just think it’s funny and I’m always striving to spend less.

Just For Fun

Do you sleep with the closet door open or closed?
Open, but closed looks so much better

What is your biggest pet peeve?
When you are talking to someone and they look away or start talking about something else and you are like, wow, they are not listening. Sometimes it even happens to me mid-story and I don’t even know how to finish it at that point because I feel completely awkward. I also don’t like when a woman looks me up and down right in front of my face. It makes me feel violated and/or fat. At least wait until my back is turned!

Where are the top three places you'd like to travel to?
Australia, Hawaii, Spain

Do you ever dance for no reason even though there’s no music playing?
Oh, heck yeah!

What size is your bed?
King, I love my bed so much. I wish we could spend more time together.

What do you drink with dinner?
water

What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
The Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan, White Christmas, Elf

What was the first concert you went to?
New Kids on the Block, and I wasn’t even a big fan I swear, my friend just had extra tickets and we went with our sisters and our Dads. Hilarious.

What is on your perfect pizza?
VEGGIES!

What's the most exotic place you've traveled to?
Rome

9 comments:

The Stump Clan said...

I totally agree with your 1 accomplishment- kids through the temple all the way! And I love that your dads went to the concert as well, what good sports!!

Stephanie said...

lol, I laughed at the Dads at the concert thing too! I totally agree with your pet peeve, and I would love to travel to those same places!

stacibee said...

I can totally see the Sandra Bullock resemblence. I would totally go see that movie!

Tiffany said...

I would totally pick Sandra Bullock too!! :)

Liz said...

and this is why you are amazing!!

i felt that way at the midnight showing of Harry Potter 5. I looked at my hubby and told him i felt like we were chaperones! :)

Liz said...

we should number the questions so that you can refer to them like re: #4 or something like that.

Claire said...

Liz- I'll make sure to do that for next week's spotlight!

Linz- I learned so much about you!!! I had no idea you'd been to Rome. That is on my list of places I really want to visit. You should tell us all about it sometime!

Right there with you on that pet peeve. I hate that awkward feeling as well. Thanks for sharing all the fun facts about you and thank you for your hard work to make this site awesome!

Linz said...

Liz, I have no idea what you are referring to.

katie said...

MLK Jr was a great answer, I never would have thought of him. And I love your favorite quote!