Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spotlight: Liz&Meg

Basics

1. What is your age and physical description? I'm a round 29 year old with dark hair and dark eyes.
2. Where were you born and where are you now? Minneapolis, MN and now I'm in Little Rock
3. What do you do for a living? I work at a private school for kids with Down Syndrome and Autism as a speech therapist two days a week
4. What is your favorite and least favorite color? favorites-there are too many but I gravitate toward blues, yellows and pinks, least favorite-I like orange but it looks terrible on me!
5. Did you go to college and get a degree, If so, where & what? I went to Utah State for my undergrad and the University of Minnesota for grad school
6. How many children do you have? How old are they? I have two girls-one just turned three and the other just had her six month birthday
7. What’s your favorite and least favorite food? another tough one-I'm easy to please! I looooove spaghetti and most pasta dishes, sadly, anything fried, I probably love it, least favorite-lima beans, definitely
8. Are you right or left handed? right handed but my little little girl is showing some left hand dominance that surprises me!
9. Do you play any instruments? I am a mediocre musician. I can plunk out easy stuff on the piano and I love to sing but am untrained in it
10. What are your hobbies? I love to sew, read, scrapbook, crochet, blog, snuggle with my girls and hubby. I make bags and recently I've fallen in love with making cute things for my girls to wear!

Make You Think...

11. What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher during school, in college I wanted to be a doctor but didn't want to be in residency forever and wanted to not have crazy hours so I discovered speech therapy and think it's the best of both worlds! 
12. What is your biggest fear? losing my girls
13. Who has touched your life and influenced you the most and why? my Mom, I think she's wonderful and talented, I love the things that I like her in and wish that I were as smiley, organized, spiritual, resilient and amazing as she is... maybe someday!
14. If you could accomplish just one thing with your life, what would that be and why? to be a "glass half full" kind of girl instead of the opposite and share that with everyone around me (see number 13)
15. What is your worst habit and if you could quit it, would you? biting my cuticles and my cheek, yes on the first, but the second only so my dad will quit nagging me about it :)
16. Who would play you in the movie of your life? Who would play your husband? i have loved everyone's answers on this but can't come up with my own- I'm drawing a complete blank! 
sooooo... if you can think of someone (whether you know me personally or you're drawing from the picture at the top) I'll pick my favorite suggestion and send you a prize...not sure what yet, but I'll think of something cute! 
17. What songs would make up the soundtrack of your life and why? lots of princess songs because of my girls who live on disney princesses and my childhood, teenage years-a lot of Tori Amos and Cranberries and Dave Matthews, college-Dido, U2, motherhood-KT Tunstall, Coldplay, the Twilight soundtrack
18. If you could meet any one person in history, who would it be, and why? Brigham Young, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Mormon and Moroni, that's more than one, sorry, I would love to ask what their life was really like
19. If you lost everything you have tomorrow, what three things would you save and why? do  I automatically get my family? After that it would be my scriptures, my backup CDs with all my photos on them, and my file of papers
20. What is your favorite quote and why?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved." -Ralph Waldo Emerson (I was raised thinking my grandpa said this but it wasn't him or a prophet, it originally came from Emerson!)

Just For Fun

21. Do you sleep with the closet door open or closed? open, the other day we closed it after we cleaned our room and it was so cold in there the next morning!
22. What is your biggest pet peeve? interrupting, and i do it myself and hate it in myself!
23. Where are the top three places you'd like to travel to? more of Europe, Washington DC, and Fiji
24. Do you ever dance for no reason even though there’s no music playing? yes, in the kitchen
25. What size is your bed? queen-we had a king in Utah (living at my grandma's condo) and I looooved it. There is a king size bed in our future, for sure!
26. What do you drink with dinner? usually water, but there are some meals that milk just tastes so yummy with... and some that require a cherry coke zero, like pizza and sushi
27. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? sweet home alabama, shall we dance?, pride and prejudice, the italian job
28. What was the first concert you went to? billy joel and elton john (I was fourteen and my dad gave me tickets he'd gotten from a drug rep and so when I showed up with my good friend/YW leader, they told us we were in the wrong seats!)
29. What is on your perfect pizza? It's Papa Murphy's Gourmet vegetarian with chicken added
30. What's the most exotic place you've traveled to? Tiajuana, Mexico... just kidding, but i have been there. It would probably be Hawaii or London. 

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Its great to learn more about you! Your girls are beautiful!! :) (I love Papa Murphy's too!)

Claire said...

I loved reading more about you Liz! And your family picture is so cute!! Let me think on the actress one and get back to you... I'd love to win something made by you! :D

The Stump Clan said...

I also love pride and prejudice (the one with Colin Firth)! Great to learn more about you!

Amanda said...

Just agreeing with what everyone said. It was fun to read your spotlight.

Jen L said...

Oooh Yay for Pride and Prejudice!!! I LOVED getting to know you better! And what a BEAUTIFUL family you have!!! I'll have to think about that actress thing a bit too... hummm. I'm not up on my actresses...

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Liz! You are awesome!

I know exactly who would play you in a movie...Kathy Bates! She's so funny and sweet...one of my all-time favorites: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/237473~Kathy-Bates-Posters.jpg

Jocelyn Christensen said...

AND furthermore...doesn't your husband have a resemblance to John Goodman in this photo:

http://www.nndb.com/people/602/000023533/John_Goodman.jpg

PS - I LOVE your bags...I've been wanting to make a church bag for my 3 year old son who just started Primary...I have never made one, but it would be fun to be able to slip little fun things in there for him to enjoy while he's "being a big boy!"

Liz said...

my bags all started with a pattern from Amanda! Then I just changed the size and personalized them for myself!

don't hate me but I like both P&P movies! I love the original but also love the newer one if I don't have hours and hours to spend!

Kathy Bates! lol! I hadn't thought of that one! But I truly loved her in Fried Green Tomatoes!

The Schacher Family said...

Okay I don't know you at all but I have found two actors that I think will work for you and your husband. For you I picked Jennifer Ehle (perfect since you like Pride and Prejudice as do I) Go to this link and compare your pictures. I can totally see it http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/prideandprejudice/actors/ and then I picked Jack Black for your husband. In this picture he is blonde and I can see a resemblence. http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/jack_blonde_comp.jpg Now this is stictly by looks. If I knew your personalities I might choose otherwise.

Great getting to know you!

Bethany said...

I enjoyed reading about you Liz. I really like your quote.