Thursday, June 12, 2008

Book Club

Alrighty Book Club members... we've been running into a problem recently! We are all waiting weeks or months to get ahold of book club books! Aubrey had an awesome idea so I thought I'd post it... she suggested we come up with books more ahead of time so that we all have chance to place them on hold, get a copy, then read it!! So, if you are part of the book club, and even if you aren't... please leave a comment with the name or names of books you want to read. Then we can make a list of the books we will be reading in the upcoming months, and we'll (hopefully) all be able to get a copy with plenty of time to read it and think about it, before discussing!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think this is a great idea. My mom's book club always comes out with a yearly calendar and each person chooses one book for each month of the year. I don't know if we have 12 people participating, but sounds great. I'll start thinking of books if you need my suggestions again. :)

Liz said...

I would love to participate, but choosing a book is not a forte of mine...

Liz said...

i just barely got pope joan and these is my words so it's going to take me a while to catch up.

i want to read:
a thousand splendid suns
i would discuss the host if anyone else has read it, i just finished it!
i'm in the middle of book of a thousand days
i'll try to think of others that i want to read

Claire said...

Liz- Pope Joan is awesome!! I hope you enjoy it!! I'm totally struggling to come up with books I want to read! How awful is that!? I'm not going to lie- I tend to get sucked into chick lit... easy to read, quick to read and usually pretty ridiculous story lines!

Aubreydoll said...

I'm glad you ladies enjoyed Pope Joan! I'll try to come up with some books that I like at some point, too. I did just finish The Host, but I'm sorry to say that I don't think I was too impressed with it. I don't know, I think my expectations were too high.
Anyway, I think a yearly calendar would be great!

Linz said...

I recently read Persian Pickle Club and just started 19 minutes by Jodi Picoult and am already sucked in.