Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Youth Fireside Part 2

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone has given so far. I really like the idea of an anonymous Q and A session. One of the things I've decided to incorporate is a list of suggestions for fun and creative dates. I hear stories from friends and fam out in Utah all the time about creative dates they have gone on, but that's something that simply does not exist out here. Kids pair off and get serious and exclusive really young here. Dating consists of watching movies (unsupervised) at each other's houses! So, I'm hoping that you guys can tell me about some of the dates you went on before you were married, or dates you have heard of, so I can help the youth learn the right way to date! Thanks again for all the help!

3 comments:

Linz said...

Scavenger hunts are fun!

My nephew in high school did a group date last summer that I think involved creating ice cream sundaes with lots of different toppings, board games in the backyard inside a tent and a water fight. Sounded kind of crazy to me but he sure had fun.

Liz said...

I was going to say scavenger hunts too!

another fun food one is to have all the pizza makings and each couple make a pizza so you have a bunch of different kinds for everyone to eat.

bonfires
watching a movie on a projector screen outside (my bros do this on the side of the house)
i didn't date much until grad school so i'm not much help!

Julianne said...

My Mom always said a great date is to clean out your junk drawers together. You can really learn a lot about a person from their junk drawer!!

Good luck at the fireside--I'm sure it will be awesome!!

A fireside my husband and I did once was really cool. It was on the importance of choosing the right person--on really praying about it before you get married. I walked in and had a fake wedding to someone other than my husband, and then my son sang "I Am A Child of God." We then went on to discuss the fact that I am so glad I prayed about it and married my husband in the temple.

Just another thought!!