Sunday, June 1, 2008

Favorite Web Sites June

So, I like the themed months and I was thinking that for June we could all share any websites that we absolutely LOVE. Ones that are good for managing finances, good for finding deals, good for finding information, etc. I know that there are lots of websites I love, so I was wondering if anyone else had some.

Here are my favorites:
craigslist.org - This has been discussed on the site before, but I just can't get over how much I love this site and the deals that I find on it.

yodlee.com - I mentioned this in a money saving May comment. We LOVE this site. It's like the program Quicken...but its online for free. We use it for managing our finances, budgeting, keeping tabs on our credit cards and investments, etc. It's AWESOME!

zillow.com - This site is great if you're planning on buying or selling a home...but also if you want to spy on your friends and see how much they bought their house for. ;) j/k We don't really spy...too much. Anyway, this website is great! It lists just about every home in the US and you can see the house's details, selling history, the amt. of property taxes that the current owners pay, and what the estimate of the house's worth is right now. It also shows whether or not the house is currently on the market or not. It's a GREAT site. We love it!

stepheniemeyer.com - This is MUST for any Twilight fan (btw: have any of you read the 1st chapter of Breaking Dawn? If so, discuss it with me! I'm dying for other people to read it). Seriously, Stephenie has some cool stuff on here like outtakes and extras to her books that are really entertaining to read. :)

That's it for so far. Maybe this is a dumb idea...but I'd love to hear of any other hidden websites that people love that I've never heard of! :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

I like the idea!
The one I visit EVERYday besides my email is Google Reader. I love that thing!

Crystal said...

Two great websites for finding deals are www.woot.com and www.slickdeals.net . Woot has one new deal daily. Slickdeals is one where people post great deals they have found at stores or online with links to the product or store. I have found amazing deals on both sites.

A fun one for anyone that loves hair bows for little girls is sassysweetpeas.com There are some super cute bows on there!

Hope said...

I secodn the woot.com. It's a fun website. My favorite one is wize.com it's a great place to find reviews on products before you buy them and they also have a very updated list of the cheapest place to buy (whatever product your reviewing onine). Makes price/quality comparing quick and easy.

Claire said...

I love Sparkpeople.com. Its a weight loss/management site that is full of yummy recipes, interesting articles and all things related to being healthy.

I'm also an eBay fan... you can find some awesome stuff on there!