Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Favorite Websites June-Cooking

This morning I saw a cherry lemon trifle on the Today show. I soooo want to make it! And I love that I can search online and find the recipe for it!  

Here are a bunch of recipe sites I love.

Martha Stewart-I love her recipes and I love the Everyday Food recipes even more!  The Everyday Food ones are more simple, and well, realistic for a simple cook like me!

Domestication in Progress-This is from our very own Skipper and the girls who contribute to this blog make some yummy yummy stuff! Everything I've tried has been fabulous!!

Allrecipes.com-I have to give a shout out to the one that I found first. I love this site! I went on a long search for yummy, CHEWY, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and found a bunch on this site that I then tried and came up with my own variation.  And now I want to go make oatmeal cookies!!!

The Pioneer Woman Cooks-I love her step-by-step approach and photos that make cooking a little less intimidating.  And she's funny!

The Foodees-Another where everything I've tried is good!

Internecipes-I have to admit, I'm always tempted but have only tried one recipe from this blog. But I still love looking at it and getting inspired.  

When seasons change, I get in such cooking ruts.  It's like I can't transition between winter casseroles and summer grilling without some personal trauma and these sites seem to help inspire me a bit! Enjoy and share if you've found some really good ones!!

...and in case you want to make the lemon cherry trifle too, here's the recipe! :)


3 comments:

Claire said...

We eat a lot of mediterreanian and med-inspired foods in our house, so I love www.athenos.com. Its the website for Athenos, as in the feta cheese & hummus brand, but they have yummy recipes!

I use allrecipes.com a lot. I read all the review, then adapt the recipes to fit our families needs.

I'm a big tasteofhome.com fan also. They also have yummy, yummy foods.

Linz said...

Oooooo....Thanks for this post, Liz. And for your sites, too, Claire.

highdeekay said...

What? no one has mentioned Food Friday on bamamoma.blogspot.com? ha! Thanks for these sites. I almost never look up a recipe in my books. Online is so much easier!