Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How to Achieve Your Childhood Dreams

Have you heard of this guy? He was on Oprah today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My Mom told me about him being on NPR a few weeks ago but I forgot his name and never looked him up. I was so glad to stumble on his inspiring talk today.

At his "last lecture" he shared "How to Achieve Your Childhood Dreams". It always strikes me how often these bits of wisdom are really just taking us back to the things we're taught at church every week. Be honest. Be grateful. Love your parents and families. Repentance was even in there as he talked about apologizing and trying to make things right. What also struck me was how at peace he was with his fate and his current status. He has three kids under the age of 5! I'm not sure I would be that secure and I admire him for it.

Enjoy his thoughts!

2 comments:

Linz said...

I saw this show earlier this year and LOVED it. Do you know if he is still living?

Kage said...

yes, and I am quite certain it will be big news when he passes away.