Wednesday, April 25, 2007

3rd Time's a Charm

As usual, this summer is going to be a big one for movie releases. Not so usual though, is the number of movies that are entering their 3rd chapter: "Spider-Man 3," "Shrek the Third" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" debut within three weeks of one another. On top of that there's "Ocean's Thirteen," "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Rush Hour 3." I'm usually one of those sluggish movie-goers who waits until the movie hits the $3 Theater or gets to the rental stores. This summer I find myself a little excited about a couple of these sequels, namely "Ocean's Thirteen" and "The Bourne Ultimatum." I sure hope they deliver like their predecessors. Looks like I'm gonna need to add a little extra to our summer bugdet!

5 comments:

katie said...

Don't forget Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! Of course that movie isn't a 3rd, it's the 5th.

Rural Dee said...

Heck yeah! HP5 all the way. Between that and the book, July's going to be an amazing month. (P.S. The other movies will be fun, too.)

Linz said...

Wow--I didn't realize how many Threequels (???) were coming out. We are especially excited about Spiderman (and Harry Potter of course), but we've definitely enjoyed Pirate, Bourne, Ocean's, and Shrek as well. Good movies are always a fun part of the summer.

Liz said...

Summer and Christmas are pretty much the only times we see movies! We're all about HP5, Spiderman and Pirates. I'll have to drag my husband to Bourne and Ocean's 13! What can I say? I never have to beg him to watch chick flicks-we have the opposite problem at our house!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I'm ready for Spidie 3 - Just lined up the sitter! We are Netflix people now, but we will see this one in the theater come Friday night! Of all of those three-quals, Spiderman is the only one that was consistantly awesome for every installment. HP excluded from that assessment!