Saturday, April 21, 2007

GTKY--Skipper

Hello Everyone! First of all I have to tell you that I absolutely love the concept behind this blog...seeing as how I have no idea what I'm doing as a first time mom.



My lovely long, lost friend Staci invited me, and I hope you don't mind. My name is Skipper (actually, my name is Stephanie, but nobody has called me that for years) and I'm getting ready to move back to Utah. My husband and I have been living in South Carolina for the last year, and it has been a whirl-wind experience that I think I'm going to miss.



I've been married nearly three years and just had my first baby in January. His name is Spencer and so far he's been a hoot. I obviously don't have a lot of experience raising a baby, but I feel pretty confident saying that Spencer is VERY independent and determined for a 3 month old. So far he's called all the shots: when to wean himself to the bottle, when to sleep through the night, and as of last week he no longer lets us coddle him...he only wants to be held while sitting up on his own.



I'm excited to get to know all of you in this very fun cyber community!

6 comments:

stacibee said...

Skipper! I'm so glad you're here! This has turned out to be an awesome resource for all of your mothering needs! When are you moving back to Utah and where do you think you'll end up?

Natalie said...

HEy there Skipper! I don't know if you remember me-I was (and still am) good friends with Staci in college? My name is Natalie--it was Bailey and now it's Cottle. I just had my first baby in November and I think this blog is a lot of fun. WELCOME!! Where are you moving to in Utah?

Liz said...

Welcome!

Skipper said...

Oh yeah! Of course I remember you miss Natalie. We're actually moving back on the 27th! I'm going to fly back with baby Spencer and my husband is going to start driving back to Utah the next day. I'm not sure where we'll land for good, but for the time being we'll be in Utah Valley somewhere...

Linz said...

WELCOME!

Rural Dee said...

I'm a first-time mom, too--my boy is only two months older than yours. Feel free to ask any questions or share any stories!