Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Jocelyn Christensen - New Spice Sister...

Hello, Domestic Divas! I know, you are wondering, "What is she doing here?" (I don't supposed the excuse "I carried a watermelon..." would ring any bells for you ladies?)

Well, here goes: Laura Roth (of The Grapes of Roth blog and Sugar & Spice contributor!) invited me to this great group of cyber sisters! Laura and I hearken back to our undergrad days at dear Miami University in Ohio. And we also spent some time together in Columbus. She fared much better in that town than I did, I must say! My fave city is Washington, DC...which also happens to be where I met and married my catch-of-a-husband Steve. (Aw!)





Steve and I will have been living in matrimonial bliss for three years on May 22nd. (Is that enough "sugar" for you gals???) We have one sweet son named Guy who will be 18 months in May. We are expecting bundle of joy #2 some time around May 17th. (We don't know the gender. We enjoy the surprise!) Add to that that my husband is graduating from Penn State with his MBA on May 13th, and we'll hopefully be moving for a job - and you've got one busy month for our fam!

Before I got married, I worked as a TV producer for CNN, which gave me lots of good memories and unbelievable stories to tell my kids some day, although they probably won't believe me! (Do you recognize JFK, Jr. in the pic below? Thought I'd add some eye-candy.) Nowadays, I write my heart out...just for me and my family. I like to write poetry, follow interesting news stories, and I publish a monthly family newsletter for my family that I get way too into. It's a fun outlet for me.

I am afraid that I might not be able to add much by way of great recipes, because I am what I'd consider a lazy cook! I like to get in and out of the kitchen as fast as possible! Ha ha! Mostly just a way to keep myself from eating everything in sight! (I do prefer baking tho...much sweeter pay-offs in baking!) I do however hope to add my own bits of spice here and there, although with all of the amazing women on this blog it might be difficult to add something new! But I will try! :)

What else can I tell you about me? My personal website is http://jocelynandsteve.bravehost.com/ If you go there, you can read an article that I recently had published in a magazine here in State College on my experience leaving a career to become a stay-home Mother.

I like to cross-stitch. I love milk. My fave sports are volleyball and softball. I consider make-up the equivalent to a shot of V8...a double-shot is even better! :) I would NEVER bungee jump - even if you paid me a million dollars. I drive a VW named Wolfie -- my dear friend Wolfie! :) I like to dream. I like to make frequent references to movie quotes from my fave films...(I'm not a movie buff tho.) Did I stump you with the line in my first graph? Hope not - it's from D.D. - Do you need anymore clues?

Cannot wait for Spiderman 3 to come out on May 4th...Now to find a sitter! :)

Thanks for inviting me to this fun group, Laura! You are one awesome WOMAN! I am glad we are friends! Looking forward to getting to know each of you and learning from your experiences!

Hope to hear from you soon! - Jocelyn

PS - So glad there's a spellcheck on this puppy! Prediction: Today it's lasick (sp?) eye surgery...Tomorrow people will be getting spellcheck microchip implants! haha!


7 comments:

Liz said...

Dirty Dancing! :)
Welcome!

stacibee said...

Hey Jocelyn! We're glad to have you here! I'm excited to learn lots from you and your experiences.

Linz said...

"Spice sister"...Love it! Welcome! Loved reading about your very exciting and interesting life. JFK, Jr.?! SWEET!

Natalie said...

Welcome Jocelyn! You are a hoot! Guess what? We both got married on the same day 3 years ago! Yeah for May 22nd! What a special day :) I'm glad you've joined. We already have lots in common!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you joined us--there are some people I just can't get enough of!! :)

Rural Dee said...

Any friend of Laura is a friend of mine! Welcome! :)

Joni said...

Yeah, I picked up on the Dirty Dancing reference right away.

Welcome to S&S.