Tuesday, April 10, 2007

another baby food question


When I started buying 1st foods for my babe, I bought all Gerber 2-packs in those plastic rectangular containers. For some reason, peeling the foil lid off of those things is extremely challenging for me. I usually end up having to use my teeth (in which case I usually get some nice strained green beans into my mouth--yum), or when I do use my hand it sprays out as it opens. And sometimes when I'm getting food ready, my baby is crying because she has just awakened and is READY TO EAT so peeling the lids takes entirely too much time! So I noticed that DelMonte has jars that open in 0.2 seconds, and they are cheaper. Sounds like a great solution to me! But I've wondered if the cheaper brand means lower quality. Does anyone know that to be the case?

6 comments:

Liz said...

I might compare ingredients but in general, I haven't been disappointed with any different brands. Especially since DelMonte is still a popular brand.

Aubreydoll said...

I've used DelMonte before and I really liked it. The only thing that's in those 1 and 2 jars are the food and a little water, there's not much they can change. Besides, you're right about the foil lids, plus the plastic tops don't go back on very well to store any food left in the container!

Stephanie said...

DelMonte is what I've bought from the start, because it's cheaper. Like Aubreydoll said, there's not anything they can change. The ingredients are exactly the same. My daughter is my most precious possession, so I don't usually sacrifice quality for cost, however, I don't feel like there's a difference in this case!

Joni said...

food is food. feed your kid and save some money.

Kage said...

Honestly, I have never thought: spending more on baby food=better quality. I always get the cheapest....

katie said...

I don't always buy the cheapest, mainly because calories are outrageously important for my daughter. So in that case, there is a difference between the brands. The calories differ depending on the type of food, though. So, I end up buying certain foods in one brand, and certain foods in other brands. But if calories aren't a big deal for your child, then probably the only difference is the amount of water added.