Thursday, May 17, 2007

Finger Foods

I know we have really covered the baby food topic pretty well, but I am basically clueless on finger foods for my 8 month old. She is pretty good at getting the puffs in her mouth, she gums food really well, and she does good with lumpy food. So I have been told to start introducing more finger foods. What are the best foods for her to start with? I know I could be asking my pediatrician, or my sister... But they aren't the most helpful. What are the easiest foods for her to start eating? (i.e. less choking hazard, tastes good, semi-easy to pick up, etc...) Thanks!

7 comments:

Chantel said...

My kids loved cooked carrots, canned fruit(pears, peaches, mandarian oranges, etc.), and turkey hot dogs. The are soft enough for them to gum them, but also can be cut up in bite-sized pieces for your child.

Aubreydoll said...

My son loved (and still does) soft crackers, like graham crackers or Ritz crackers.

Joni said...

Nothing beats cheerios!

My son loved fruit and grain bars.

Liz said...

my girl loved and still does love lunch meat, hot dogs, canned fruit, sweet potatoes (baked and then cubed), craisins and raisins, bananas, corn, stuff like that!

Linz said...

Glad you posted this, Katie.

kristi said...

Everyones suggestions are really good to me. With my 1st son I was really paranoid with what I gave him and I definitely got more flexable as the kids kept a comin. I swear by the time my youngest (baby #3) was 9 months old he was pretty much eating everything that we were, of course just cut up smaller. As long as it is not a no no for baby (like honey or maybe peanut butter) she could probaby have just about anything, in smaller sizes.

Unknown said...

My girls were all about tiny cubes of chicken (ie: leftovers), string cheese, and the crackers and cereals that have already been mentioned.