Monday, May 14, 2007

For all Moms suffering from the teething blues...

Have you guys seen these??? A lady I work with told me about them. You put real food in the little mesh bags, snap them shut, and your baby has something to teethe on that not only feels good...it tastes good too! This lady's recommendation was frozen peaches. Her daughter also liked just plain ice cubes in them. They don't actually swallow the food itself, but they will get some of the juice. So make sure it's a food they've been exposed to in their baby food already, or that you're keeping an eye on them for allergic reactions. So far Skyler is a little weirded out by them, but I think they will be a hit, once she "gets it." Word to the wise...the juice can get sticky, so use a bib!

3 comments:

Liz said...

We have them and they're wonderful!!!!! We used them for a lot of the "choking" type foods like apples and carrots and she'd just munch on them-I was always amazed at how much she got out of them!

Linz said...

Sweeeeet!

Unknown said...

I used them to transition Jessica to solids (chicken and rice was a big fave), but I never thought of it as a teether--thanks!