Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Go fish!

Okay, while we're on the subject of new recipes...does anyone have any good fish recipes, other than just broiling them and giving them a squirt of lemon? Growing up, the only fish my mom made was tuna noodle casserole and fish sticks. I have never developed an affinity for it, but I'll eat it without a problem whenever someone serves it. I know it's good for us, and I want my kids to think of it as just as common as chicken. To that end, I've announced to my husband that we're going to have seafood night once a week. Now I just need some recipes (as well as kid-friendly fish suggestions)! HELP!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I made some Broiled Tilapia Parmesan a while ago and it was really good. I don't like fish at all, but I try to force myself to eat it every now and then since it's so healthy. The tilapia was a good choice for me since it's not very fishy tasting. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com. Just search for broiled tilapia parmesan.

Linz said...

That sounds really good, Bethany.

I went to Let's Dish once and we brushed brown sugar and honey mustard on salmon and baked it. It was good, an alternative to lemon.

Linz said...

P.S. My parents like salmon burgers.

Unknown said...

Good suggestions, ladies! Thanks! Linz, are the salmon burgers made from canned salmon?

Rural Dee said...

I have a salmon patty recipe and yes, it uses canned salmon. It's not stellar but it's pretty good. Also, a good seafood to use is shrimp. You can buy a big bag of pre-cooked mini shrimps and they taste excellent in pasta. And even though they're expensive you can use one bag for three or four separate meals so it evens out.

Rural Dee said...

I also have an excellent recipe each for cod, orange roughy, and tilapia. They are in the genre of a filet on rice with some yummy sauce (more than just lemon!). Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the recipes.