Sunday, May 27, 2007

Orange Roughy

Laura-- I tried this recipe quite a few years ago and I think I just haven't made it again because I'm not in a good habit of buying fish. I do remember that we enjoyed it. It's from the Eating for Life book.

Orange Roughy

1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg white
4 potions orange roughy fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 lemon, halved

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a pie plate, combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until slightly foamy. Lightly brush both sides of the orange roughy fillets with the egg white and then coat with breadcrumbs. Arrange fillets on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of parsley. Bake until the orange roughy is opaque throughout, approximately 20 minutes. Top with a squeeze of lemon.

(I think I skipped the parsley.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks great! Brian's mom suggested we try orange roughy too, so this is perfect. Thanks!

Rural Dee said...

Orange roughy is a good fish!! Have fun with it!

Rural Dee said...

If buying fresh herbs is as much of a pain for you as it is for me, I want to tell you about herbs in a tube. It's like herb paste. That probably sounds gross but it's the equivalent to putting fresh herbs in your recipes and you can store it in the fridge for a couple months. I've used parsley and cilantro and it works great for me. It's in the produce section of the grocery store. Just look for herbs in a white and green tube!

Linz said...

Thanks for that tip!