Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mom hair

So I just saw a pic of Staci celebrating her son's first birthday... and she looks fabulous!!! A reader had left a comment about her bangs. It got me thinking about hair and how I need a new do. My son is 6 weeks old and I am ready to start thinking about myself again - losing the prego weight, wearing something besides velour pants (aka upscale sweats), and actually doing my hair and a little make up. One predicament - my hair. Time for some hip 'mom' hair. One of these days I will make it to my hair stylist who will help me work it out, but until then, any comments or ideas about mom hair?

6 comments:

Liz said...

I did the typical thing and chopped my hair after I had my baby. Some days I wish it were still able to go in a ponytail but other days I feel a great sense of accomplishment that I actually did my shorter hair! ...even if I didn't put on makeup!

Bethany said...

I chopped my hair when my baby was a few months old in February and I love it. It seems to be a bit of a trend right now. All the girls in my ward are cutting their hair short, so you might even be able to get away with it without being accused of getting the stereotypical mom haircut.

Linz said...

I cut my hair a month ago and didn't realize it was the stereotypical thing to do! I just needed a change after 20+ years of the same haircut!

stacibee said...

Thanks Cramster! I love the new do and went into the appointment knowing I wanted something new and fun. (Thank you Abby!!!) I just didn't want to become a frumpy ole' mom!
There's something to be said for the short "Mom Hair" look though. It's so much faster and easier to do, which is just what you need when your little one is riffling through all of the stuff he shouldn't be. (Hair products, cleaning products, make-up, etc.!)

Stephanie said...

I hadn't really considered chopping my hair just because I'm a Mom, until my hair recently became my daughter's new pull toy. Now, I'm giving it some serious consideration....

kristi said...

I cut my hair short after my first two where born because I was ready for something hip and fun. I waited a little longer with my 3rd but in the end I still ended up getting it cut significantly. It is just so nice to get something new and fresh and something to make you feel beautiful. Like my mom always tells me "You are still young" so get something that makes you feel that way.