Monday, May 14, 2007

Support for nursing moms

Anyone have any recommendations, tips, stores, etc. that they found a good, supportive, shaping nursing bra? I like breastfeeding my baby (who is 7 weeks old today) but hate my humongous boobs. So far all the bras I have tried offer a little bit of support but no shape - so I feel like no matter what I wear I look like I have two big blobs across my chest. I feel like the little brother in "A Christmas Story" whose mom gets him dressed in so many layers of winter clothes and he can't put his arms down. I can't imagine doing this for several more months!!! How do you all cope?

5 comments:

Liz said...

There are supportive nursing bras out there? I have to admit, I never found any! I was already, shall we say, well endowed, before I started nursing and so finding a nursing bra that was supportive was impossible. I finally just went for comfort and decided it wasn't forever and was very excited to buy "pretty" bras again when I stopped nursing!

stacibee said...

Ha, ha! I love it Cramster. I also never found anything I loved. I ended up going back to my trusty regular bra, but I never actually nursed my baby, so I didn't have to worry about the one-at-a-time thing. I wish I was more help! I hope someone out there has a fantastic answer for us!

Aubreydoll said...

I never found a nursing bra I loved either but having the right nursing pads helped! Everyone I've talked to loved the Lansinoh nursing pads and I got hooked and now I don't think I'll ever use anything else.
The thing to know is that it gets better, you don't stay that huge! Once your baby stops nursing as frequently it'll slow the production of milk down. Unfortunately you just have to stick it out for now!

kristi said...

I went to a special women's undergarment boutique. They fit you and find what is best for you. It is a little bit more expensive, but they know what works. I don't know if there is one by you, but it might be worth looking into.

Tiffany said...

I agree with Aubrey that Lansinoh nursing pads are the best ever. I really love them. As for nursing bras...I can't really give advice. Mine are okay...but they're nothing fancy. Although...I do have to say that the tags lie that say, 'buy your pre-pregnancy size.' I definitely had to go up MUCH in order to get a bra to fit. But...maybe that's just me. Good luck though. :)