Saturday, October 13, 2007

Comfort Food


Fall completely changes my meal plans! I crave comfort food, it's harder for me to cook healthy, but I love it so much more. I will completely admit to loving tater tot casserole (although I don't know anyone who makes it like I do-my friends at work make fun of it :) and funeral potatoes (another thing my coworkers make fun of-they know it as cheesy hashbrowns). When I'm homesick, I love creamed peas and potatoes. But I love soups and stews and all sorts of warm baked yummies that I shy away from during the hot months. Post your favorite cold weather recipes (especially those of you who missed the Sugar and Spice cookbook last winter) and help us come up with some new ideas for Fall to keep things fresh, healthy, but oh so tasty!

2 comments:

Linz said...

I will dig into my recipes! Thanks for this idea. Bring on the Fall foods!

Linz said...

I'm realizing that I've already posted recipes that I use which makes me also realize that I've become quite the boring cook.