Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halloween Books for Kids

Happy October, people!

Our little family o' three have a few Halloween books that we love. With the exception of one we just bought last weekend, we've read the other ones all year long. But this month they are especially fun. The first three on this list are books I had before I was pregnant because I used them in my elementary music classroom. Here are the four that we own:

1. Shake dem Halloween Bones: The verses can be chanted rhythmically, the chorus can be sung. If you don't know the tune, maybe I will find the chance to do a recording of it. This is my FAVORITE! I love it and so does my little one, but I've sung it for up to 4th graders and they love it too! Available in hardcover and paperback.

2. Five Little Pumpkins: If you have a child in elementary school, they may know this cute song. Very simple pictures in board book style.

3. The Little Old Lady who not afraid of anything: This book isn't sung. My baby is not really into this one yet. There is opportunity for fun sound effects or instrument playing in this one.

4. Where's Baby's Pumpkin? This was on display at Target and I snatched it up last weekend. Within this week, my baby has probably looked at it 50 times. It's cute, it's sparkly, it's lift-the-flap. I highly recommend it for your little ones.

I actually saw #2-4 on this list at Target on display. Generally their kids' book are usually about 75 cents cheaper than list price. Amazon.com is where I get most of my books but I noticed that these three books were selling at full price on Amazon.

Do you have some favorites?

5 comments:

Liz said...

Bugs that Go Bump in the Night-I love these pop up books!

and Grandma got us Biscuit visits the Pumpkin Patch this year-it's cute too!

Kage said...

We like Hallo Weiner. By Pilkey

Chantel said...

My daughters all time favorite, we read it at least once a week, is skeleton hiccups. She loves making the hiccup noises as we read along.

Linz said...

Sweet! Thanks!

Unknown said...

My girls love the small, chunky Sesame Street board book, Pumpkin Patch Party. It's lift-the-flap, and we read it all year long!