Monday, October 8, 2007

Surviving the Witching Hour...snackless

Our challenge of late has been saying no to snacks after 3:30, so the girls will actually eat their dinner at 5:00. As I mentioned in my comment to Liz&Meg's last post, 4pm is always wretched, so for a while I just gave them fruit or veggies so at least they had something good in their bellies, but we want them to eat with us, not just watch us eat. I think they're starting to be okay with it. The older one isn't asking for another so much anymore. However, do you guys have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Linz said...

Family nap at 4:00 p.m. Ha ha just kidding! (although I personally would enjoy that)

I have no great suggestion. I usually do a light snack, for my own sake too.

Maybe 4:00 can become an hour where you do something like special each day. It's 4:00, let's do our craft! Or maybe go for a walk or something. Who am I kidding, you can't do ANYTHING when you're hungry!

Liz said...

I'm working on the same thing because M is hungry, I'm trying to cook or clean up before the husband gets home and I'm trying to distract her while I'm busy which usually means her high chair and goldfish! Sometimes we do go on walks though or get dinner started and go play in the driveway until Dad gets home and that does help. But we're bad at this too!