Monday, October 22, 2007

Humanitarian Aid

Tonight for Family Home Evening, Michael and I discussed Humanitarian Aid and we found this great site on the church's website:

http://www.lds.org/ldsfoundation/accelwork/humanintereststory/0,7989,1325--9-1100,00.html

The site is a list of all the humanitarian aid projects you can make (along with guidelines and patterns). Out here, JoAnn Fabrics is having a sale on fleece, so we are making fleece mittens and scarves to send out. The website also has this list of current needs:
Crib Quilts - Priority Need
Infant outfits
Newborn Kits
Children's mittens and gloves (all sizes)
Crib sheets (42" X 72")
Children's lightweight pajamas (sizes 2-12)
Fabric activity books (quiet books)
Boys pants (size 2-12)
Receiving blankets
Children's socks (sizes 3-12)

Plus there are a lot more projects on the website I listed. Just thought I'd spread the word. It makes a great project for the colder days!

4 comments:

Linz said...

That's cool! You guys are so sweet. Tonight at FHE, we discussed the craziness of our babe!

Unknown said...

This is great! I'm so glad you posted this. It'll be good to do some things like this with my girls (at least they can pick the fabric and help box it up).

Also, I heard somewhere that you can take any donations for the Welfare Dept. to your bishops storehouse, so you don't have to pay for shipping. Does anyone know if that's true?

Unknown said...

Disregard my question. I just checked the website, and you can just take them to the bishops storehouse (or Deseret Industries store).

highdeekay said...

This is great - I sent a link to all my siblings and immediately got a phone call from my brother in Corning, NY. He was looking for a good, fast service project for the YM/YW Halloween Carnival. He said this was an answer to his prayers. Thanks from both of us!