Thursday, October 18, 2007

How to make a Christmas stocking

Hi everyone! I know we need to give Halloween and Thanksgiving their due, but I am already getting ready for Christmas. I want to relax over the holidays and not feel stressed out by not having enough time to do what I need to do.

SO this year I have made some Christmas stockings for my family. I found a really simple way to make simple stockings. Click here to go to my blog and see the directions. It was too long for me to post a second time!


This pattern is very easy to follow. It doesn't take much time either, I made 3 stockings in about an hour and a half, including distraction time. AND to top it off they aren't very expensive to make - you need 2/3 yard of fabric total per stocking. Start watching for holiday fabric sales!

If you already have stockings for your family, these would be easy and inexpensive gift bags for neighbors, teachers, friends, visiting teaching sisters, etc. I have also heard of some families making a stocking for Christ, and then having family members put in something they are going to give to Him for the next year (usually they are spiritual goals but it could be anything).

1 comment:

Linz said...

Thanks Cramster! Your blog is cool, and those stockings look great.