Sunday, October 14, 2007

Swiss Chicken Supreme

My husband and I tried this for the first time a few nights ago and really enjoyed it. I found it on the "Taste of home" website.

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with minced onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and crumbs are golden. Yield: 4 servings.

My thoughts:
I forgot to buy sour cream, so I didn't add any and we thought it still tasted great. I used 3 whole chicken breasts...two cans of soup was more than enough! Next time I'll only use one. I wouldn't add the extra salt, the soup already has plenty of salt, although that could be because I used "herb cream of chicken soup" instead of plain. I couldn't find the plain. I would recommend this recipe.

4 comments:

kristi said...

I have made a similar recipe before. Instead of crackers I top it with premade stuffing. So good!

Liz said...

I made something almost like this last night actually! I got it off Skipper's DIP site but we didn't use crackers either-we used bread crumbs. It was tasty!

NTG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linz said...

I had to delete that last post because I was signed in as my husband.

Anyway, this looks yummy!