Thursday, March 8, 2007

baby scrapbook


Hi ladies!

My daughter is 6 months old now. I have huge amounts of photos but have not yet scrapbooked them. It's a bit overhwelming to think about right now! Anyway, as I've at least pondered the endeavor I've wondered how to go about it. I have my ongoing scrapbooking of just our family and the things that we do all year long. I kind of want her pictures to be right in there with it, and yet I'd like for her to have her own scrapbook of just her too. I have to admit, I'm not into the store-bought baby book where things are pre-set. I'd rather write my own stuff and create my own book. But how have you done it? I've considered just continuing the ongoing scrapbook of the family and then doing a separate book for her of just the very best pictures of her, like a two-page spread for each month or holiday of her life. Again, what have you all done?

7 comments:

Liz said...

that's something I've been figuring out too! Right now, I've been keeping going on the family one which of course is primarily her this year! :) And then, my plan is to make her a first year book with the big events, milestones, etc. We'll see if it actually happens! :)

Liz said...

one thing that helped is i put all the pictures in a photo album and then i just pull the pictures i want to scrapbook so I can at least see the pictures in the meantime and have them somewhat organized before i scrapbook them. i'm not a big scrapbooker-i don't embellish a lot, mostly frame pictures and some journaling.

Kage said...

1. General Tip, wait a while after an event (but not long enough that you forget the event details or how you were feeiling), so that you aren't as attached to the photos, this helps you narrow it down from 17 pages to 1 or 2.

2. I have not kept up with this AS well, but when I order my digital prints, I order two of my very faves (of just the child), and keep them in a small memory box, that way they are not scrapbooked, they are loose, and ready...also burning a yearly disc of the best photos of the child, and storing it in that box is a good idea.

3. At the end of the year, buy a nice small album that has 4 x 6 openings, and print the amount of photos that that album holds (say 50), of only the best photos or memories...and maybe even print them in BW or sepia, and create a yearly collection for your child that way.

Just my thoughts...

Joni said...

I just do a family one. It pretty much ends up being my kids anyway. I can promise you that if you do a separate one for the first child, you will just get further and further behing and subsequent children will either have books that are lacking or none at all. Two books for the same events seems WAY overboard to me. I just keep the pictures on disk and my kids can have whatever they want later.

But hey, it's your stuff.

Liz said...

I like Kage's #3-it's a good happy medium!

Natalie said...

I think what I will do is make one book for me and then photo copy Caden's book for him. The photo copies look just as great as the originals and then i don't have to do twice the work. Just an idea.

Linz said...

great ideas everyone, thanks!