Monday, March 5, 2007

A Story You Moms Will Appreciate

Unless you are a mom who doesn't like hearing explosive diaper stories. Then you won't appreciate this story and should probably just skip down to the delicious Italian recipes below.

I was at Michael's with Collin today looking for a photo album. Collin was hot from being in his carseat for so long during our previous errands (it's in the 80s today, just like every other day in Florida), so I picked him up to let his back air out. Then it happened: he let out an explosive episode of #2. I mean, this was not just a normal, everyday bowel movement. This was like a stick of dynamite had gone off in his pants. Oh no! I thought as the unwelcome entity seeped through his onesie. I hope they have a bathroom with a changing table here! Luckily they did, but that didn't change the fact that I used every last diaper wipe in my bag and by the time we were done there was poo all over my shirt. Yes, my shirt. How did it get there?? Sigh. Unfortunately I didn't bring a change of clothes for myself. ;) So I did what any mom would do in situations like this: stood tall and continued my errands, poo stain and all. So be proud, moms. Be proud of the poo.

4 comments:

Linz said...

You are an example to me for wearing the poop stain with pride! I thought you handled it all extremely well! It's funny--I always have a change of clothes for the babe, but I never thought to pack an extra shirt for me. Something to think about...
Thanks for a fun story!

Liz said...

lol!! We've all been there!

Aubreydoll said...

Oh, what a classic mom story! Thanks for the great laugh. And next time that happens, just use it as an opportunity to go on a mini shopping spree!

Unknown said...

You are my HERO!!!! Brian and I both laughed VERY hard as I read this to him.