Friday, March 2, 2007

Oatmeal Cookies

I have a secret, but it's not a very big one and I'm sure a lot of you share this secret with me. I love to eat cookie dough when I make cookies! However, I have to feel guilty when I eat dough that has raw eggs in it because I know it's not healthy. So, that said, I have the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe because there are no eggs in it and I haven't come across any other recipes that don't call for eggs.

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk (soy milk is okay, too)
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
4 cups oatmeal

1) Mix everything but the oatmeal together.
2) Add the oatmeal. I know it seems like a lot but it all fits in there, you just have to use your muscles!
3) If you want perfectly round cookies you can shape them into a ball before you put them on an ungreased cookie sheet. After that, wet the bottom of a glass and flatten the cookies out. But if you're like me just slop the dough on there and it'll taste great anyway!
4) Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
5) Enjoy!

My method:
Only follow steps 1,2, and 5!

4 comments:

Rural Dee said...

Not only does this recipe sound delicious, but it's very entertaining to read! Thanks, Aubreydoll!

P.S. Do you think this recipe would work if you added chocolate chips into it? Just curious!

Aubreydoll said...

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've put raisins in it before because my husband likes them, but I prefer not to. Give it a try!

Liz said...

another question-quick oats or regular? i love oatmeal cookies and always looking for a good recipe for them!

Aubreydoll said...

I'm pretty sure I just use the regular oats. I guess I've never really noticed a difference!