Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Creamy Italian Chicken

Oops, this is what I get for being a procrastinator! I have been meaning to post this recipe for days, and I just noticed that Bethany posted a really similar one! I decided to post it anyway, because it's one of my absolute faves. Mmmm-delicious!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 8 oz package of softened cream cheese (can substitute reduced fat, but I wouldn't go with fat-free)
1 4 oz can mushrooms, drained (optional)
Cooked rice or noodles


Cut up chicken breasts into large chunks. Place in crock pot, and cover with envelope of dressing, mixed with water. Cook in crockpot on high for 3 hours, or until juices run clear. Beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Pour over chicken and cook for one more hour. Serve over hot rice or noodles. (I usually don't have to cook for quite as long as the recommended times.)

No comments: