Saturday, March 10, 2007

More about scrapbooks...


I was a few days late reading Linzerdoodle's post on scrapbooks, but I wanted to share what I have recently done. I was excited, because I just tackled this issue myself! I love to scrapbook, but I had gotten so behind with pictures that it was just overwhelming, and I didn't know where to start! It wasn't even fun for me anymore, because my huge box of pictures was too intidmidating, and I didn't know where to find all my pictures! By the time I got everything together I needed, I was out of free time! I started buying scrapbooks that are 3-ring binders, and then I use a combination of page protectors for scrapbook pages, and sheets that hold 12 4x6 photo inserts. That way I can at least get all of my pictures in the book. Then, instead of scrapbooking all of the pictures, I'll scrapbook one or two pages for a special event, and the rest of the pictures will be right after it. Sometimes I'll even do my journaling on a 4x6 piece of cardstock and put it in one of the picture slots. Hopefully that description makes sense! This has worked so well for me! Now my pictures are at least in an album, and there's enough scrapbooked pages to make it fun to look at! This picture is an example of a scrapbook page on the left, and the sheet that holds 12 photos (6 on the front, 6 on the back) on the right. I used one of the slots for journaling. Thanks for reading this boring post! For those of you that live near a Hobby Lobby, their scrapbooks, page protectors, and other supplies go on sale for 50% off all the time! This

6 comments:

Liz said...

that is a great idea!

Linz said...

fab fab fab idea! Thanks for sharing Steph!

kristi said...

I love your idea :)

Unknown said...

Are the page protectors acid-free?

Stephanie said...

Yes!

Rural Dee said...

So, I went to Hobby Lobby's website and ordered a whole bunch of those six-sectioned photo pages. They were only like $3.50 for a set of ten, and if you buy over $25 you got free shipping. So I bought like 8 sets and now I'm happy as a clam!