Monday, March 5, 2007

Creamy Pesto Pasta

I got this recipe at an Enrichment and it's one of our favorite simple meals.

1 packet Knorr Creamy Pesto Sauce
1 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 (14.5 oz., I think) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
8 oz. penne pasta
(shredded chicken or small shrimp, optional)

In a medium saucepan, combine Knorr packet, milk, and olive oil. Whisk until thickens. Stir in chopped stewed tomatoes (add chicken or shrimp). Pour over cooked pasta.

LD's notes: I always make this with shredded chicken...it really makes the meal complete.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm an idiot. How do you shred chicken? I know you can use a fork to shred it, but does it matter how you cook it initially to get the right texture?

Linz said...

Gosh I don't know how you did it officially. I usually boil a few chicken breasts, cool them in the fridge and peel off pieces with my hands.

Rural Dee said...

The only way I can think of too is to boil it. It usually only needs to be boiled for ten to fifteen minutes. The only other way I know is if it's been in the crockpot for a while, but then it's got to be in whatever sauce you are putting it in for that specific recipe. I guess cooking it in any liquid will do the trick!