Monday, February 26, 2007

Adventures in Potty Training

My three year old is potty training now, and although we're still in process, I thought I'd share a couple helpful hints I've picked up.

1. Potty training usually takes about three months (although after the first month, I thought it had been at least a year already).

2. There's a great DVD, Potty Power, that she absolutely LOVES! Her friend from school let us borrow it, and she can't get enough. It's pretty hokey, but she sings all the songs and asks me to skip to the fairy tale part of the movie often.

3. We usually get Pampers pull-ups, but Target didn't have the big box of them last time I went, so I got Huggies instead (thinking that she would love the Disney Princess prints even more than the Dora on Pampers). Although she LOVED the princesses, after wearing the first pair, she cried and begged for a diaper because the Huggies "hurt." The velcro sides irritated her skin, although I had thought they were a great idea as opposed to the finality of tear-away sides on the Pampers.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass these thoughts on, since potty training is pretty much all I think about right now! :)

3 comments:

stacibee said...

Ha, ha! Good advice Laura. I'm dreading the potty training months. It's nice to have a little forewarning.

Linz said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Is H fully potty-trained now?

Rural Dee said...

I am so busy worrying about the impending events of teething and solid foods that I forgot I'll eventually have to deal with potty training, too! It's good to learn from one who knows!