Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Oral Thrush

Have any of you had a baby with this? I noticed my 12 week old daughter had it on Friday and took her to the doctor. They prescribed her some liquid nystatin that I've been squirting in her cheeks 4 times a day, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. In fact, it's looking worse. Lindsay suggested I use a q-tip to spread it in her cheeks so I think I'll try that, but does anyone else have any advice? It doesn't seem to bother her, but it's gross and I want it gone!

5 comments:

Linz said...

little V had it as I told you this weekend. I rubbed Monistat 7 (by doctor's recommendation) on the affected spots twice daily and it was gone in like less than 48 hours. It was so awesome. I also was constantly sterilizing pacifiers and such but I'm pretty sure you're already doing that.

Bethany said...

Is the Monistat 7 just a cream?

kristi said...

The only advice that I know is to sterilize her bottle nipples everytime you use them.

Linz said...

Yes, the Monistat 7 is just a cream--the same exact one that women use for yeast infections. It's like $12.00 at Target.

Stephanie said...

Are you nursing? I wasn't sure. But if you are, you would want to treat yourself too, so you guys aren't giving it to each other back and forth. That's the only other advice I have besides what has already been posted.