Sunday, February 25, 2007

Trying to Get Back to the Land of the Living!

Hi Everyone! My name is Katie Roll, and after a 4 week absence I'm going to try to get on this blog. I never did a "Getting To Know You" post, so I'll do it here. The reasons for my absence are pictured here - Mason and Hayden Roll were born on January 29th! They are identical twins, and life with them has been crazy and wonderful. I am so in love with them, and although it has been quite an adjustment and sleep is very rare these days, they are worth it!

Lindsay and I were roommates at MSU; actually I've lived with several blog contributors: Stephanie, Kristi, Bethany, Linz, and Katie Brooks pretty much, although we didn't technically live together:) I married my sweetheart Adam in May of 2005, and we live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I have been in college for 8 long years now, and I am finally going to get my doctorate in physical therapy in August after I finish my last clinical rotation this summer. I hope to only have to work part-time after I graduate so that I can spend as much time as possible raising my boys.

I am excited about this blog, but I'm afraid I might not have much to contribute as far as being a domestic diva. I'm an awful cook and very new at the mom thing, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you. I do love anything related to exercise and fitness, so if there are any posts on these subjects, I may be able to throw some knowledge in. Besides the fact that these are the focus of my career as a physical therapist, I'm currently trying to lose the extra 20 pounds of baby weight I'm carrying around, so I'm pretty much obsessed with anything related to working out:)

9 comments:

katie said...

Yeah Katie! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! The boys look handsome as can be!

Rural Dee said...

Hi Katie! It's good to meet you! You have some gorgeous kids and I don't know how you're doing it with two instead of one, but I'm proud of you! I'm looking forward to your exercise expertise.

Linz said...

Katie--if you ever want to create a new post in your areas of expertise, I know we would all love it! They are soooo cute cuddling together!

Bethany said...

Cute cute little baby boys! I already miss when Claire was that little. They're just so precious at that stage. Hope all is going well. I'm coming to Michigan in March so maybe our babies can meet.

Stephanie said...

Is she amazing or what??? I think if I had 4-week old twins, I would be proud of myself if I got a shower, and here she is blogging! Welcome Katie! :)

Katie Roll said...

Awww....Thanks for the sweet comments girls! Bethany, give me a call when you come to MI - I would love to see you and have our babies meet!

kristi said...

Katie, they are so adorable. When Bethany comes to town let me know too. I want to see you guys really bad.

Katie Roll said...

I definitely will let you know Kristi - We can have an apt 34 reunion!:)

Tandy said...

Hi Katie! I'm a new reader here. Congratulations on your twins! You are in for an awesome adventure. My twins (girls) are 9 months old. It has been so much fun. If you haven't checked it out already, (and if you have a minute to read LOL) check out "Ready or Not...Here We Come" by Elizabeth Lyons. It is such a fun lighthearted book about the first year. Really the only one I read while I was pregnant that didn't terrify me LOL.