Monday, February 26, 2007

Pumpkin Cake


Pumpkin Cake

(not exactly the right season right now, but soooo good!)

(For another dessert recipe, see Five Flavor Cake)

Ingredients:
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. oil (or applesauce)
2 c. flour
2 c. pumpkin
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Icing (on cold cake):
1 3oz. package softened cream cheese
1/2 stick softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 box powdered sugar
milk


Directions:
Mix the first 8 ingredients until well blended. Pour into well greased and floured tube pan. (I don't know what a tube pan is but I use an angel food cake pan...is that a tube pan?) Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (it was a done a little sooner than that in my oven).

For icing, blend cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla, sugar, and enough milk to mix (usually only takes a few spoonfuls, depends on how runny you like your icing). If you like a lot of icing, double the recipe.

2 comments:

stacibee said...

Yum!! I'm so excited to try this one!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you said that about the tube pan! I don't know what that is either, and I was going to ask you if that was an angel food cake pan too! :)