Sunday, February 11, 2007

FHE

My husband and I have always been terrible about having FHE on a regular basis. We really want to be better about it, so that it's a habit by the time our daughter is old enough to participate. The problem is, I have lots of ideas for things to do with children, but I struggle with preparing lessons for just my husband and I. What did you guys do before children, or if you're children are still really young? I would love to hear some of your favorite ideas, or things that worked really well.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Since Megan's just a year, we're at the "family home moment" phase and, if we can get it together, we get out the gospel art kit and give a brief story on a picture. I figure it's worth it for now just to get her familiar with who Jesus is and what He looks like! When it was just Will and I, we would read Ensign articles and basically review them for each other and take turns each week.

Linz said...

We've been so bad about it I have to admit. We, too, have done Ensign articles or reading a lesson out of the Family Home Evening manual. Sometimes we sing a few hymns. I've heard great things about that gospel art kit Liz&Meg referred to.

stacibee said...

One my favorite activities is to do service together. Last Monday we made some yummy scotcharoo's and dropped them off to ward members. It was fun.

Linz said...

Check out this link: http://www.jennysmith.net/fhe/fhe-printables.php

It includes a link to Deseret Book that I think publishes free family home evening packets each week or something like that. I'm going to check it out myself.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the link Linz! I liked the idea for "ideas in a jar." A lot of the ideas they gave were tailored to families with children, but I think they could easily be done on an adult level. I may even make some of my own ideas, but I love the thought of just pulling one out of a jar, if you're running short on time!