Monday, February 12, 2007

Faith

Have you all heard about this story that happened here in Utah? My heart has been aching for this man and his poor baby girl. I think my sensitivity has been heightened since I had Baby "I" and we've been a family. Tears welled up instantly when I heard about the situation.
I can't imagine what it's like to go through something like this. I like to think that I would have sufficient faith in Heavenly Father to get through a trying time like this and have the strength to care for my child and move forward. I've had small experiences in my life that have left me saddened, frustrated and feeling very desperate and low, but fortunately with the Lord's help and the prayers and well-wishes of others, I was able to get through it. What about something as monumental and significant as this? How does one move on?

5 comments:

Linz said...

Very tragic story. I hadn't heard it. What caused the explosion? I get scared about the unpredictability of life all he time. I guess all we can do is count our blessing and have faith. I'm so glad he has Olivia.

stacibee said...

There was some kind of gas leak and it just exploded. I don't remember if it said it in the article, but the husband was just a few houses down, watched his wife and the gas man enter the house, and then saw he entire house blow up. Just incredible.

Stephanie said...

I agree, having children makes you think so much more about this kind of thing. I have this fear that something will happen to me before my daughter is old enough to remember how much I absolutely adore her. I started keeping a journal for her when I was pregnant, and I continue to write in it at least once a month, just telling her how much I love her, and how much I enjoy being her mom! I would like to still be around when she reads it, but I think it'll make her feel good no matter what! This story was so sad. I too, am so glad this man still has his daughter.

Linz said...

Steph that is such a good idea.

Natalie said...

Boy, stuff like this really makes you reflect and think about what's really important. I, too, get a pit in my stomach when I think that something like this could potentially happen to my husband Mark or I. It seems like life is so precious and you just can't take a minute of it for granted. Thanks for sharing the story, Staci. I think I will hug Mark a little tighter tonight.