Thursday, February 15, 2007

Diaper Rash

Darn. Little V had a little bit of diaper rash in her 2nd week of life (somehow I think the doctor said it was related to her thrush if I understood it correctly). From that point on we have been dilligently taking care of her precious booty and have had no problems. We have even been made fun of for blowing her booty dry at each diaper change. So we are so sad that she has diaper rash now at 5 1/2 months when we thought we were doing so well. We have regularly used diaper ointment just to prevent, now I want to treat it. Any suggestions? I bought something today called Triple Paste medicated ointment and we'll see how that goes, but I wondered if you all had any other solutions.

12 comments:

stacibee said...

3 words...Boudreaux's Butt Paste.

Works wonders.

katie said...

Wow, that was going to be my response... Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best we have found too!

Natalie said...

How funny, I was going to suggest the Boudreaux's Butt Paste too. It's good stuff.

Liz said...

My pediatrician gave me a prescription that take cares of yeast, rash, anything! It cost a pretty penny but it also cleared things up in between diaper changes when her poor bottom had been bleeding!

Linz said...

Oh man, I hope it doesn't start to bleed! Man! I gotta get me some butt paste!

kristi said...

You use diaper ointment regularly? Why? Anyway, I too was going to recommend Butt Paste. Luckily we have been pretty lucky in the diaper rash department, we haven't gotten too many.

Linz said...

p.s. does Boudreaux's help to treat as well as protect?

Abby said...

ammens powder... works overnight!

katie said...

Yes, boudreaux's treats and protects, Linz.

Stephanie said...

Well, looks like Bourdreaux's is the answer! I actually didn't have any advice, but I wanted to tell you not to blame yourself. You sounded so bummed that it happened despite all of your preventative measures. I read in some of the materials we got at the Dr. that more than half of babies between 4-15 mos. will develop diaper rash at least once in a two month period! And there's an increase in likelihood when they start eating solid foods, which I know you mentioned V is doing now. So sometimes it happens, despite everything you do!

Linz said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of Aquaphor myself, and our pediatrician said that Neosporin works great too. And my mom said that Vaseline was the only thing that worked for us. (Just thought I'd throw this in for more ideas than Boudreaux's.) :)