Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Mop and "schlop"

I have always had a microscopic bathroom and kitchen so I haven't had to worry too much about cleaning those floors. I have tried mops and found that they become a big schloppy mess. With such small floors to clean, I have resorted to just getting on my hands and knees and spraying and wiping. Tomorrow we close on our first home and our kitchen is big enough that I wouldn't want to clean the floor on my hands and knees. What do you all use? Have you found an effective mop? Have you used Swiffer or something like that?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't have any fancy tips for you. I use Mr. Clean and my mop is just from Target. Just make sure you have a bucket or something for rinsing, and a mop that you can squeeze the extra water out of! Before I mop, I actually vacuum on the "bare floor" setting. Maybe you wouldn't want to do this if you have really nice floors, but it's never scratched mine! It just seems like no matter how good I sweep, I always miss stuff!

kristi said...

Lately we have being using the swiffer clothes that are already pretreated with cleaning stuff. We just attach it to our clorox ready mop (I know, they are two different brands, but we already had the mop before I discovered the wipes). It has always worked for us.

stacibee said...

Well, for the hard core deep cleaning, I use the good ole' mop and bucket. For touch-ups and quickies, I love the Clorox wipes. Everything comes up super easy.

katie said...

I like the swiffer wipes too. But when it comes to getting the really deep dirt, I use Lestoil. I don't know if it is actually made for floors, but my mom always used it. It also works really well at getting stains out of laundry.

Missy said...

When I was pregnant with my second, Ally, I discovered the Mr. Clean Magic wand. (I think that's what it's called.) Anyway, it saved my back! It also cleans well. I am a little obsessed with cleanliness and disinfecting (with my kids crawling on and eating off of the floor) so I spray my floors with Clorox clean-up first then use the pads to "mop". It's easy and I love it.